Industry standards provide the framework for an interoperable healthcare ecosystem, enabling providers access to relevant and timely information to provide quality patient care. The NCPDP Foundation funds research and pilots to accelerate
adoption of those standards.
The NCPDP Foundation, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, is a partner to NCPDP, a 501(c)(6) not-for-profit organization that creates
standards for the electronic exchange of healthcare information related to pharmacy services. As such, the NCPDP
Foundation’s funding focus is on validating the benefits of NCPDP standards and solutions that improve medication safety,
timely access to needed medications, and adherence to medication therapies leading to better and safer healthcare.
The Foundation’s research priorities center on three initiatives:
- Expand the Role and Value of the Pharmacist
There’s much more that pharmacists can do to meet an increasing need for healthcare services and improve our health
outcomes. The Foundation is working to make that possible by ensuring that pharmacists can be connected with other
healthcare providers, payers and public health agencies.
- The NCPDP Foundation is pleased to name Surescripts as its Role and Value of the Pharmacist Founders Gift Donor.
Surescripts Chief Marketing Officer Melanie Marcus will serve as the NCPDP Foundation’s National Advisory Council
(NAC) Chair for the Role and Value of the Pharmacist. Surescripts’ donation of $100,000 and Melanie’s support as
Chair will support future research projects to help expand the role and value of the pharmacist.
- Expand Patient Access to Care
Prescription costs and delays hinder patient access to care. We’re working to increase adoption of standards that help
patients obtain appropriate medications in a timely manner and save on their prescription costs.
- The NCPDP Foundation is pleased to have named GoodRx as its Patient Access to Care Founders Gift Donor. Frannie McGowan, Chief Executive Officer of Scriptcycle, LLC (a wholly owned subsidiary of GoodRx), will serve as the Patient Access to Care Chair for the Foundation’s Newly Established National Advisory Council (NAC). GoodRx’s donation of $100,000 and Frannie’s support as Chair will support future research projects to help enhance patient access to quality health care.
- Enhance Patient Safety
Medication mistakes and misuse endanger our health. We’re working to enable healthcare providers to electronically
access and share timely, accurate information to help prevent medication errors and misuse of high-risk drugs such as
- The NCPDP Foundation is pleased to have named FDB as its Patient Safety Inaugural Founders Gift Donor.
FDB President Robert C. (“Bob”) Katter will serve as the NCPDP Foundation’s National Advisory Council (NAC) Chair
for Patient Safety. FDB’s donation of $100,000 and Bob’s support as Chair will support future research projects
to help enhance patient safety.
Your donation to the NCPDP Foundation can overcome healthcare challenges, resulting in better care for you, your family, and
millions of others. In a world facing new healthcare challenges every day, your support of the NCPDP Foundation has never
been more important.